Clifford Chance has advised the banks on the issuance of EUR 8 billion of notes by Sanofi (EURONEXT: SAN) (NYSE: SNY).
The six series were drawn under Sanofi’s Euro Medium Term Note Programme, and priced as follows:
• EUR 1 billion Floating Rate Notes due March 2020
• EUR 500 million 0.000 per cent. Fixed Rate Notes due 21 March 2020
• EUR 1.75 billion 0.500 per cent. Fixed Rate Notes due 21 March 2023
• EUR 1.5 billion 1.000 per cent. Fixed Rate Notes due 21 March 2026
• EUR 2 billion 1.375 per cent. Fixed Rate Notes due 21 March 2030
• EUR 1.25 billion 1.875 per cent. Fixed Rate Notes due 21 March 2038
Sanofi intends to use the net proceeds of the offering for general corporate purposes, including the financing of the acquisitions of Bioverativ and Ablynx.
The notes were admitted to trading on the Euronext Paris market on 21 March 2018.
The syndicate of banks comprised BNP Paribas, Société Générale, UniCredit Bank AG, Banco Santander S.A., Citigroup Global Markets Limited, Crédit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank, HSBC Bank plc, ING Bank N.V., Belgium Branch, J.P. Morgan Securities plc and RBC Europe Limited.
The Clifford Chance team included Cédric Burford (Partner, in picture) and Lou Bernard (Associate).
Law Firms: Clifford Chance;
Clients: BNP Paribas; Citigroup Global Markets Ltd; Crédit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank; ING Bank; Banco Santander Sa; Société Générale; UniCredit Bank AG; Hsbc Bank plc; JP Morgan Securities; RBC Europe Limited;