INVL Baltic Sea’s 48% Stake Acquisition in MBL Group

Horten advised MBL Group, while Cobalt advised INVL Baltic Sea Growth Fund, and Gessel advised Accession Mezzanine Capital III on the deal.

The largest private equity investment fund in the Baltic region, INVL Baltic Sea Growth Fund, has completed the acquisition of a stake in the MBL Group, a leading European manufacturer of medical mobility devices, headquartered in Denmark. A refinancing of the MBL Group was carried out in connection with the sale.

As a result of this deal, the Fund has indirectly acquired 48% of the MBL Group while the remaining 52% continues to be owned by the founding Lauritsen family.

INVL Baltic Sea Growth Fund with its total size of €165mn is the largest private equity fund in the Baltics with the European Investment Fund (“EIF”) acting as its anchor investor.

MBL specialises in the production of wheelchairs, rollators, aged care beds, and other rehabilitation equipment. Its head office is in Denmark, with manufacturing facilities located in Poland and China. MBL had sales of €66 million in 2019. MBL is primarily a contract manufacturer and includes leading global medical.

Horten team was led by Lars Lüneborg and assisted by Mikkel Primdal Kæregaard (Picture), Frans Rossen, Frederik Vest-Maagensen, Jonas Eigil Nielsen and Hans Glent Abildgaard.

COBALT team consisted of Elijus Burgis and Deimante Pagiriene.

The Gessel team included Partner Malgozata Badowska, Senior Associate Krzysztof Jasinski, and Associate Katarzyna Matyszewska.

Involved fees earner: Elijus Burgis – Cobalt Legal; Deimant? Pagirien? – Cobalt Legal; Malgorzata Badowska – Gessel; Krzysztof Jasinski – Gessel; Katarzyna Matyszewska – Gessel; Hans Glent Abildgaard – Horten; Mikkel Primdal Kæregaard – Horten; Lars Lüneborg – Horten; Jonas Eigil Nielsen – Horten; Frans Rossen – Horten; Frederik Vest-Maagensen – Horten;

Law Firms: Cobalt Legal; Gessel; Horten;

Clients: Accession Mezzanine Capital ; INVL Baltic Sea Growth Fund; MBL Group ;