Evergy’s Inaugural Establishment of its Commercial Paper Program

Hunton Andrews Kurth advised Evergy, Inc. on the deal.

Evergy, Inc. (“Evergy”) announced the establishment of its commercial paper program for the sale of up to an aggregate of $700 million of its commercial paper notes from time to time through commercial paper dealers. This was the Company’s inaugural establishment of its commercial paper program that will be supported by its borrowing capacity under its master credit facility.

Evergy, a Missouri corporation, is a public utility holding company incorporated in 2017 and headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri. Evergy operates primarily through the following wholly-owned direct subsidiaries: (i) Evergy Kansas Central, Inc. is an integrated, regulated electric utility that provides electricity to customers in the state of Kansas, and has one active wholly-owned subsidiary with significant operations, Evergy Kansas South, Inc.; (ii) Evergy Metro, Inc. is an integrated, regulated electric utility that provides electricity to customers in the states of Missouri and Kansas; (iii) Evergy Missouri West, Inc. is an integrated, regulated electric utility that provides electricity to customers in the state of Missouri; and (iv) Evergy Transmission Company, LLC  (Evergy Transmission Company) owns 13.5% of Transource Energy, LLC (Transource) with the remaining 86.5% owned by AEP Transmission Holding Company, LLC, a subsidiary of American Electric Power Company, Inc. Transource is focused on the development of competitive electric transmission projects. Evergy Transmission Company accounts for its investment in Transource under the equity method.

The Hunton Andrews Kurth team included Pete O’Brien (Picture), Christina Kwon and Brendan P. Harney.

Involved fees earner: Brendan Harney – Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP; Christina Kwon – Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP; Peter O’Brien – Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP;

Law Firms: Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP;

Clients: Evergy, Inc.;

Author: Martina Bellini