China Electronics Corporation’s Privatization Of TPV Technology

Kirkland & Ellis represented TPV Technology Limited in its proposed privatization by China Electronics Corporation by way of a scheme of arrangement and the withdrawal of listing of its shares on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and Singapore Exchange. King & Wood Mallesons (KWM) advised CEIEC on the deal.

Electrical components company CEIEC and its concert parties, which include Chinese state-owned enterprise China Electronics Corporation, own 49.04 per cent of TPV shares and are looking to snap up the remaining 50.96 per cent by paying HK$3.86 per share in cash.

The Kirkland team was led by transactional partners Nicholas Norris (Picture) and Joey Chau in Hong Kong.

The KWM team was led by Dr. Sheldon Tse, Partner and Head of Corporate & Securities Practice, with support from counsel Sheryl Cheung, and associates Katherine Yang and Christine Lau.

Involved fees earner: Sheryl Cheung – King & Wood Mallesons; Christine Lau – King & Wood Mallesons; Sheldon Tse – King & Wood Mallesons; Katherine Yang – King & Wood Mallesons; Joey Chau – Kirkland & Ellis; Nicholas Norris – Kirkland & Ellis;

Law Firms: King & Wood Mallesons; Kirkland & Ellis;

Clients: Ceiec HK Ltd; TPV Technology Limited;

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Author: Michael Patrini