Banchile’s $44.4 Million Acquisition of 49% stake in Arauco Express


Larrain y Asociados and Barros & Errázuriz advised on the deal

Banchile Administradora General de Fondos S.A. executed the acquisition of 49% Stake in Centros Comerciales Vecinales Arauco Express S.A. from Parque Arauco S.A. for $44.4 Million. Parque Arauco keep the remaining 51% interest in he company.

Banchile Administradora General de Fondos S.A. operates as an investment management company. The Company offers portfolio management, mutual funds, investment strategies, financial planning, and advisory services. Banchile Administradora General de Fondos serves customers in Chile.

Parque Arauco S.A. operates as a developer and operator of multi-format real estate assets. The company, led by Juan Antonio Alvarez Avendano, Claudio Chamorro Carrizo and Andres Torrealba Tagle, in 2018 recorded $290 million revenues.

Larrain y Asociados advised Banchile Administradora General de Fondos S.A. with Cristóbal Morandé, Juan de Dios Ferrada, Francisco Cerda and Michelle Inzunza.

Barros & Errázuriz advised Parque Arauco S.A. with Bernardo Simian, Enrique Barros Vial and Jerónimo Amenábar.

Involved fees earner: Jerónimo Amenábar – Barros & Errázuriz Abogados; Enrique Barros – Barros & Errázuriz Abogados; Bernardo Simian – Barros & Errázuriz Abogados; Francisco Cerda – Larraín y Asociados; Juan de Dios Ferrada – Larraín y Asociados; Michelle Inzunza – Larraín y Asociados; Cristóbal Morandé – Larraín y Asociados;

Law Firms: Barros & Errázuriz Abogados; Larraín y Asociados;

Clients: Banchile Administradora General de Fondos S.A.; Parque Arauco S.A.;

Author: Ambrogio Visconti.