Ameris Capital’s $193.5 Million acquisition of 37% Stake in GNL Mejillones


Barros & Errázuriz and Garrigues advised on the deal

Ameris Capital AGF will pay $193.5 million for Codelco’s 37% stake in the GNLM regasification terminal. It is controlled and operated by French energy giant Engie which owns the remaining 63% stake.

The LNG terminal supplies natural gas to the mining and energy sectors in Chile’s northern zone. Its daily capacity of 5.5 million cubic meters of gas equates to the production of 1,100 MW of electricity.

Barros & Errázuriz advised Ameris Capital Administradora General de Fondos, Ameris Infraestructura I Fondo de Inversión with Luis Alberto Letelier (Picture), Francisco de la Barra Gili, Fernando Garrido, Cristián Risopatrón, María Teresa Polgatti, Enrique Barros Vial and Francisca Ellis.

Garrigues advised Corporación Nacional del Cobre de Chile (Codelco) with Luis Felipe Merino Risopatrón, Cristóbal Fainé and Constanza Velásquez Cabrera.

Involved fees earner: Enrique Barros – Barros & Errázuriz Abogados; Francisco de la Barra – Barros & Errázuriz Abogados; Francisca Ellis – Barros & Errázuriz Abogados; Fernando Garrido – Barros & Errázuriz Abogados; Luis Alberto Letelier Herrera – Barros & Errázuriz Abogados; María Teresa Polgatti – Barros & Errázuriz Abogados; Cristián Risopatrón Montero – Barros & Errázuriz Abogados; Cristóbal Fainé Henríquez – Garrigues; Luis Felipe Merino Risopatrón – Garrigues; Constanza Velásquez Cabrera – Garrigues;

Law Firms: Barros & Errázuriz Abogados; Garrigues;

Clients: Ameris Capital; Corporación Nacional del Cobre de Chile;

Author: Ambrogio Visconti.