Cubic Telecom’s telecommunications regulatory and data protection compliance activities

Bird & Bird is advising the Irish-headquartered global cloud platform company Cubic Telecom, considered one of Europe’s most promising tech companies. Cubic Telecom is a global connectivity platform company offering solutions for leading Internet of Things (IOT), machine-to-machine (M2M) and device manufacturing companies across the globe. It provides connectivity in over 100 countries, boasting a […]

United Global Limited’s $18.2 Million Acquisition of PT Pacific Lubritama Indonesia

Bird & Bird ATMD has acted for SGX-listed United Global Limited, through its wholly owned subsidiary United Oil Company, in the acquisition of 95% of the issued and paid-up share capital of Indonesia-based lubricant manufacturer PT Pacific Lubritama Indonesia. The sale is for $18.2 million which will be financed through its internal resources and proceeds […]

Future Land Development Holdings Limited’s $661 million privatization proposal

Shearman & Sterling advises the controlling shareholder (the Offeror) of Future Land Development Holdings Limited (1030.HK, Future Land) in relation to its privatization proposal (the Proposal) for Future Land by way of a scheme of arrangement (the Scheme). Shearman & Sterling also assists the Offeror with the financing aspects of the transaction. On July 18, […]

CITIC Agri Fund Management’s $1.1 BIllion Acquisition of Dow AgroSciences

Clifford Chance, Dias Carneiro, Pinheiro Neto and Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton advised on the deal CITIC Agri Fund Management Co., Ltd. finalized its acquisition of a select portion of Dow AgroSciences’ (a subsidiary of The Dow Chemical Company) corn seed business in Brazil for approximately US$1.1 billion. CITIC Agri Fund is indirectly controlled by […]

Hytera Communications Corporation Limited’s acquisition of UK-based digital radio products manufacturer Sepura Group PLC

China-based Hytera Communications Corporation Limited has completed its acquisition of UK-based digital radio products manufacturer Sepura Group PLC. Hytera’s acquisition of Sepura adds approximately 700 professionals and staff to Hytera’s organization, along with research facilities and offices in Cambridge, Zaragoza, and Helsinki. Sepura had itself grown rapidly, both organically and through the acquisition of Zaragoza, […]

TPI Polene Power’s BHT17,500 million initial public offering of shares on The Stock Exchange of Thailand

Latham & Watkins has advised TPI Polene Power (TPIPP) in its BHT17,500 million (US$504.9 million) initial public offering of shares on The Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET). TPIPP is the largest producer of waste-derived power in Thailand and currently operates four plants with a total installed capacity of 150 MW. TPIPP is a subsidiary of […]

OCBC Bank’s acquisition of National Australia Bank’s (NAB) Private Wealth business in Singapore and Hong Kong

Slaughter and May Hong Kong is advising OCBC Bank on its acquisition of National Australia Bank’s (NAB) Private Wealth business in Singapore and Hong Kong. On completion of the acquisition OCBC Bank will gain access to around 11,000 new customers. The acquisition comprises a US$1.7 billion mortgage portfolio of mainly residential mortgage loans, and a […]

Realestate.com’s A$67 million acquisition of Smartline Home Loans Pty Limited

Ashurst has advised the shareholders of mortgage broking franchise business, Smartline Home Loans Pty Limited (Smartline) in the A$67 million sale of 100% of shares in Smartline to Realestate.com.au Pty Limited (Realestate.com), a subsidiary of REA Group Limited (REA). Realestate.com will acquire a 80.3% stake in Smartline, with the remaining 19.7% shareholding to be retained […]

$450 Million financing for Minsheng Financial Leasing (MSFL) as lessor of two A380-800 aircraft on finance lease to Korea’s Asiana Airlines

Ince & Co closed a major aviation financing representing The Export-Import Bank of China (CEXIM), a state-owned policy bank of the Chinese government. The transaction is a USD450M financing for Minsheng Financial Leasing (MSFL) as lessor of two A380-800 aircraft on finance lease to Korea’s Asiana Airlines. The transaction was negotiated and closed in less […]

Acquittal for China Resources Logistics in criminal proceedings following container terminal incident

Ince & Co achieved significant victory in successfully defending criminal charges against China Resources Logistics Co., Ltd., a major integrated logistics service provider in Hong Kong and a member of the conglomerate China Resources Group. The prosecution arose out of a widely-reported incident in 2015 in which a front loader engaged to carry out container […]